Reaching out to support others
- Check in on someone if we feel something is not quite right? E.g. they seem moody, worried or withdrawn
- Ask ourselves if we are ready or in the right mind space to provide them the support they need
- During the conversation, provide them with a listening ear. This means holding back on giving advice and solutions. Instead, give them the space to express how they feel
- Be empathetic – we could try to refrain from imposing our views on what they should do, as that may make them feel unvalued and misunderstood.
- Remember to stay in touch and check in on them, to try to understand what kind of help they need